Maestro Knows – Special Edition (Johannesburg)

October 18, 2011   Posted by Levi Maestro

Although my recent trip to South Africa wasn’t necessarily the smoothest, it’s always a great experience to see this beautiful country. I went to attend a great showcase entitled Str.Crd which can be described as an awesome look into the budding cultures of shoes, clothing, music and art all within Johannesburg and it’s surrounding areas. This video turned out nothing like I meant for it to but I’m actually really happy it didn’t because I like it a lot more the way it is! I met a dope music artist while there named Riky Rick, I saw him perform a song called “Pink Champagne” and thought it would be perfect juxtaposition for all the footage I shot. It’s interesting that what you hear and what you see don’t really go together but they feel together.

Pink Champagne (produced by Riky Rick) by Riky Rick

11 Comments to “Maestro Knows – Special Edition (Johannesburg)”

1. Michael says:

The kid at the end stole the show.

2. Raf says:

I love that “Pink Champagne” song!
    Feel good music, can’t go wrong.

3. Beeinfinite says:

Another great chronicled visual.

4. Wow.. this could not have come at a better time… I have not visited your website in a long while and the day that I do, there’s a new episode. I needed some new support and some new motivation and this episode was exactly what I needed. Amazing footage as usual and the song is crack! I just downloaded it and will be adding it to my playlist. Thank you Maestro and keep doing what you’re doing.

5. chris says:

this one is special for some reason!!! the track is NICE! love the positivity, the animals….and the little man at the end was too funny…haha

6. chad says:

niiice as usual bro. That cap available?? Official!

7. Kiel says:

Glad you made it out to Joburg man! I lived out there for 1.5 yrs. Next time you head out there, I’ll link you up with a few people out there. Hope all is well. Let’s catch up for a meal soon, wanna hear all about your trip. I def miss SA!

8. Je'an-Jacq says:

Bro! Im from Jozi! Dude I wish I knew when you were here I would of love to meet you!!:( But Im glad you enjoyed it! AWE

9. Shots says:

Big up Maestro. I’m from Durban, South Africa and went to Joburg for the first during the WC2010. There are alot of parts of Joburg that you could have shot that would have given people a false impression of South Africa. But in true Maestro fashion, you chose the perfect visuals, perfect people, even perfect music to give your audience the true essence and vibe of South Africa…..even if only a small sample. Only you do what you do the way you do it bruh! Maaaaad props. And when you come to the Dallas, TX I’ll hook you up with some South African home cooking, bunny chows, billtong. and oh yeah, Stoney Ginger Beer!!!

10. Ty says:

love the song

11. Lars the dude says:

that video was cool and last one with the car from back to future , nice. can’t wait for the next one to blow my mind. power up