Maestro Knows – Special Edition (Dave Swift)

July 6, 2011   Posted by Levi Maestro

This episode is special for a multitude of reasons. First, I have wanted to shoot an episode with Dave since I started Maestro Knows as the title has nothing to do with anything that I know but actually shooting everything in the style that I know which I learned through skateboarding. I grew up looking at Swift photos in Transworld since I was about 12 years old, his name was a brand to me before I came to meet him as a person. I am super happy now to watch this completed episode where you can see what a rad guy he is and how hard he still rips on his board!

11 Comments to “Maestro Knows – Special Edition (Dave Swift)”

1. Matthew Ferrell says:

That was great!!!!!! Your video made my day….. How long did it take you to edit?

2. Swifto is the RULER!

3. Gabe Godines says:

Sick episode…I love my city…SD fo’ life!

4. Samuel says:

Great episode!

If anybody is wondering what song is playing in the background at 00:12, it’s Eddie Kendricks – Intimate Friends. Also sampled by Common – Penny For My Thoughts, Alicia Keys – Unbreakable, Erykah Badu – Fall In Love, Dom Kennedy – In The Day Time, Chords – Internet Friends, and many more.

I’m looking forward to a dope new season with you, Maestro!

5. Another dope episode from Maestro the master… Swifty still got it, he killed that bowl.. great looking into some of those back stories and to hear his story. Keep it up Maestro!

6. Yeah Swift…showem whatchu got. Nice Bside Smiths Maestro!

that shit is scary!

7. Coley Cole says:

Man, so cool. I see an improvement in each episode that you do. Keep up the good work, bro!

8. Geno Sullivan says:

Yo Maestro is the dopest. I grew up 2 blocks from the Carlsbad Boardwalk and spent of days and nights on those same benches. Inspired a lot of us I see. Keep doing your thing and hopefully C’Bad keeps treating you well.

9. Rob C says:

All I could think of during the whole episode was Common’s A penny for My thoughts lol. couldnt spot the sample until like the end of the episode.

10. Rob C says:

More A-Ham! hes got such an awesome voice. love his music.

11. Niko says:

What! Backsmith was DOOOOOpe! Sick Levi!